Monday, February 25, 2008

Boonville TEXAS


Artist and photographer Timothy Briner has been on the road since July 2007 documenting small town America through a series of photographs taken at six different towns named Boonville. With "Boonville," I am exploring ideas that reflect my opinions and memories of growing up in a small town. This journey is about my connection to these towns, theirs to each other and to the rest of the country. The final product will juxtapose images from all six towns and together, create a fictional town named "Boonville."

This month Tim is in Texas and headed my way. I have asked Tim to be a guest lecturer on Thursday, February 28, 2008 at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, Texas where I am currently teaching photography and digital media.

I'm excited to see the work as well as hear about his adventures. Anyone in the area please join us Thursday from 5-6pm in the Art building.

In the meantime follow along by visiting Tim's site dedicated to this project.

Boonvilleusa.com