Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Women in Photography


Please welcome, Women in Photography–a new site dedicated not only to photography but women in photography. The organization was started by two female photographers, Amy Elkins and Cara Phillips. While I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them face to face I know their photographic work and have been included in a few group shows with them put on by Humble Arts Foundation.

Their first artist is Elinor Carucci who I have admired and loved her work after first seeing her book Closer a few years ago. The work is personal and Elinor includes herself in many of the photographs. I was immediteyl drawn to the series for this very reason. I was lucky enough to have my work chosen for an upcoming debut on the WIP site. Check back regularly to see the work, support these artists and share their work with others.

I'm headed to Santa Fe tomorrow to participate in the Santa Fe portfolio reviews. I had applied last year but did not get in. I'm excited to be attending this year and hoping to make great contacts and see old friends in the field. I'll be posting from the floor so check back in later this week.