Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Catalog is Here!!!


I have never before produced my own catalog to accompany an exhibition. It was quite the learning process from what offset printing really costs to paper selection, turn around times and the series of color and press proofs. My designers at Wyattbrand: Rachel, Pam and Teddy and my contact Betty at Capital Printing all made the process so easy. I had enough stress with printing 14 new pieces and framing them as well as securing two flat screens and one large projector all for the exhibition opening this Friday.



The catalog is 24 pages including 10 images, two new images created for the solo exhibition. Anonda Bell, director and curator at Rutgers University wrote a two page essay titled 'Unapologetic Aesthetics'. The catalog also includes a short cv and acknowledgements.

The limited edition catalog will be available for purchase at Art League Houston for $15 during the run of the exhibition as well as here on the blog for $20 which includes shipping. Payments are accepted through Paypal. Please contact me if you prefer to mail a personal check.