Sunday, March 30, 2008

Critical Mass Top 50



I'm very happy to report I made the Critical Mass 2007 Top 50. Their site hasn't been updated yet with all the winning projects. A big thanks to all who voted for me. Unfortunately though my work was not selected for the book prize however my friend Bill Sullivan was selected as one of the monograph finalists.



I still feel there is a great need to publish both my current bodies of work but especially the Repository work. As I've mentioned before and repeated while attending the portfolio reviews during Fotofest, I have not found a book out there which tackles reproductive cancers through photography and/or art. There are plenty of breast cancer memoirs and documentary photo projects however nothing for those of use dealing with or recovering from uterine, ovarian or cervical cancers. I do think my project needs fine tuning and additional images to complete the project but in the meantime, I will be seeking a publisher interested in the subject and who is equally moved to publish a book on the topic. If you are out there please contact me.

Critical Mass 2007 Top 50 List


Alejandro Cartagena
Andrew Sovjani
Beth Dow
Bill Sullivan
Claire Beckett
Colin Blakely
Daniel Traub
David Prifti
Elzbieta Piekacz
Eric Curry
Fernando Klint
Frank Relle
Fritz Liedtke
Hakan Strand
Hee Seung Chung
Ian van Coller
James Soe Nyun
James Rajotte
Jane Alt
Jason Horowitz
Jenny Ellerbe
JeongMee Yoon
Jing Quek
Jon Edwards
Joni Sternbach
Karen Glaser
Kevin Cooley
Krista Steinke
Larry Louie
Lucas Foglia
Lydia Panas
Martin Miller
Michael Levin
Mitch Dobrowner
Patrick Shanahan
Peter van Agtmael
Preston Wadley
Przemyslaw Pokrycki
Rafal Milach
Rania Matar
Rosanna Salonia
Ryan Zoghlin
Sarah Small
Sarah Sudhoff
Steve Hanson
Susana Raab
Teri Havens
Tessa FrootkoGordon
Toni Pepe
Vanina Feldsztein