Monday, March 3, 2008

Domestic Work in Progress



Its been awhile since I've had the time to shoot. I can't say my ideas are well formed yet. I feel my Polaroids are sketches. Just simple line drawings that can twist and reshape themselves or even be completely erased as I go.

I've been thinking for awhile about doing a project on my relationship to my mother and the way she spent her 30's. My mother was married with three children and here I am at 30–single, an artist and a professor. Is the road she chose any less successful, adventurous or heroic? I have a few outfits which belonged to my mother from when I was younger. I plan to photograph myself in these garments but also depict memories I have of my mother and dress in my clothes–ironically a style of dress which stems from her era as well as my Cuban heritage.