Tuesday, July 29, 2008

On the Road Again

I am traveling all this week for work. I just finished a food shoot for Texas Monthly Magazine in San Antonio for their September issue. Tomorrow I'm headed to Houston to teach at the Houston Center for Photography. Thursday I'm giving a short artist talk on my work at the Lawndale Art Center. Friday I'm moving in to a new house and Saturday I have an opening at Gallery Lombardi back here in Austin.



Also on the exhibition front....I was awarded Honorable Mention by juror Rod Slemmons at the Photographic Center Northwest's 13th annual juried exhibition Please Ring Bell. And I have to mention because this never happens for me–my photos are front and center! Typically I'm in the hallway or back corner. I'm not sure if its due to the subject matter of some of my work however its a real treat to see my work prominently displayed. Thanks Ann.

Other winners include:

1st Sally Ketcham
2nd Victoria Veenstra
3rd Peter Prusinowski

Honorable Mentions
Rachel Papo
Evan Baden
Marie Sauvaitre