Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ebay Calling


So today I was catching up on my friend Amy Stein's blog and discovered her latest post titled "I am a Secondary Market".

Amani Olu just let me know that one of my prints is up for sale on eBay. This is the first time my work has hit the secondary market and while it's only eBay, it's still a minor landmark in my career.

The print, Peri, Route 64, Kentucky from my Stranded series, was originally available for sale as part of Humble Arts Foundation's Limited Edition Print sale. The original price of the print was $375. Also notice the seller says Peri has never been "framed or displayed" which basically means the person never enjoyed it. Too funny.

I don't see this as an endorsement of my work so much as a strong endorsement of the quality of work and the amazing deals available through Humble's Limited Edition program. Unless you like living with regret you should head over to the Humble site now and pick up a print or three.


Of course I was curious and looked myself up on Ebay. Much to my disappointment I was not listed, at least not yet. I know Mrs. Stein owns one of my photographs also from Humble's Limited Edition Prints. If in the future Amy ever decides to sell my work on Ebay, maybe she'll split the proceeds with me.