Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Parsons Grads


I'm always hearing about Yale photo grads and SVA photo grads and we Parsons grads seem to have been forgotten. However I'm happy to report that several of us who graduated in 2006 from the Parsons MFA Photography department have recently been written about, interviewed, invited to residencies and given our first solo shows.

Just this week Melissa Fleming and Brigitte Lustenberger sent me recent interviews. Melissa had an interview in Double Exposure. Melissa was also selected for PhotoEspana this last year.

Brigitte had a solo show at Le Maillon/Chambre à Part in Strasbourg and her interview along with installation views can be seen on YouTube. Her work was also published in Purpose Magazine, an online publication, last fall.

The study of the gaze, the interplay between absence and presence in a photographic image, and the fact that the reading of a photograph is most often triggered by a collective memory are the main issues in my work.


I know more of us from my graduating class have been busy–so send me your news and links to new work.