Friday, August 29, 2008

New Device


I'm very excited to showcase my newest medical device. The lights turn on and all the parts move. I'm hoping to collaborate with my partner, Gary Schott who is a metalsmith to create new attachments and re-purpose the piece. I found the item on craigslist and got it for a bargain today. For my show in March I proposed expanding on my Repository series as well as creating a new series of myself interacting with medical devices. I have a Swedish stomach pump, one of my Christmas gifts last year from Gary, and now this microwave diathermy piece to get me started.

I'll be sure to post images as I begin to work on them. If you happen to come across any interesting medical devices on craigslist or ebay send me an email. I'm always on the hunt for something to add to my collection.